PreConstruction Administrative Assistant
The Preconstruction Administrative Assistant will be the primary informational point person for all ongoing preconstruction department activities. The right candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated and work well with others in a team atmosphere. This position will be visible to subcontractors, partners, and clients of Scungio Borst & Associates, and candidates will need to understand basic aspects of the construction industry as well as demonstrate a clear ability to communicate effectively and professionally. The right candidate will be trusted to manage preconstruction files and activities correctly to allow for accurate bid pricing to be received and submitted. This position will report to the Director of Preconstruction. Other job activities include:
- Manage digital file system for the department.
- Receive new bid documents, organize, distribute internally and externally, launch, update and control in a timely manner.
- Generate RFP/ITBs, RFIs, Reminder to Bids, Notices of Addendum, and other preconstruction documents and communication.
- Manage bid list and track all active, pending and closed bids to ensure workflows are being followed.
- Report status of all departmental jobs to Director of Preconstruction at established intervals.
- Monitor progress of estimators to ensure bid process is on schedule to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with other departments and partners for supply of proposal components.
- Assemble proposal materials, supplied by others, and submit/deliver proposals to clients in a highly professional manner.
- Perform final review of all outgoing documents to ensure accuracy of calculations, grammar, proper spelling/typos, etc.
- Coordinate with members of other departments to ensure proper workflows across departments, and specifically regarding project turnover to production.
- Coordinate with business development/sales department to ensure project reporting, bid opportunity awareness, access to the status of submitted bids, etc.
- Coordinate SBA presence at select conferences and trade shows.
- Coordinate preconstruction schedules, calendar activities, and reservations.
- Time permitting, make calls to subcontractors to secure commitments to bid.
- Track progress of submitted bids including follow-up attempts, and monitoring when bids are won/lost through existing software.
- In-office position with possible travel to local job sites approximately once a month.
- Work with Office Manager to maintain office organization and atmosphere.
- 2-5 years of administrative experience, preferably in the construction industry.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate degree, or another form of post-secondary training.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Teams.
- Ability to write and communicate in a highly professional manner.
- Experience with Bid Management, and/or CRM software