We are looking for a deadline-driven Construction Superintendent to oversee our construction projects and to act as the link between various project parties. The Construction Superintendent will lead and manage the on-site construction team, and oversee all work on site.
Construction Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Daily Supervision of ALL field activities for the assigned project/s.
- Always drive OSHA-compliance and Safety Best Management Practices.
- Monitor Subcontractor Safety Compliance and make corrections, as necessary.
- Develop and Implement Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) where applicable.
- Project performance, including adherence to schedule, building within budget, quality control, and customer satisfaction.
- Continually, lead, train, and gauge performance of subordinate team members, including, but not limited to: Subordinate Superintendents (if applicable), PE/Assistant Superintendents.
- Complete Daily Reports every day, including safety reporting and photos.
- Hold weekly subcontractor meetings, including meeting minutes.
- Work with survey team to establish, protect and maintain project survey controls and benchmarks.
- Review, assure maintenance, and keep required reports for Erosion and Sediment controls on the project.
- Develop and enhance client relationships with new, and ongoing clients.
- Schedule and meet with Building Inspector, and other inspection authorities, for every inspection.
- Complete site inspection of every part of the project at least once per day.
- Oversee completion of warranty items on completed projects.
- Review and timely implementation of all shop drawings, submittals, and design changes.
- Assist preconstruction department by participating on bid teams, and evaluations of new bidding projects as required.
- Effective management of daily work tickets as required, including setting up the cost event with the accounting department, verification of labor and time devoted to the ticket work, photos of extra work being performed, daily signatures approving work.
- Arranging, or conducting, off hour supervision of workforce. It is SBA policy that an SBA team member must be present while work is being performed.
- Oversight of daily subcontract performance and identification and resolution (or elevation) of key subcontractor issues.
- Locate and develop new subcontractors, materials, means and methods to drive productivity and reduce cost/risk.
- Assist PM and Scheduler in the development of the For Construction Schedule. Complete weekly updates and distribute look-ahead schedules to all subcontractors. Look ahead schedules are intended to be a snapshot of the overall schedule. It is the Superintendent’s responsibility to see that the schedule is constantly updated and accurate.
Construction Superintendent Requirements:
- OSHA30 Training. Must have Certificate or complete immediate training.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in commercial construction supervision.
- Expert in reading and coordinating contract drawings, submittals, shop drawings and all other project design data.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with subcontractors, clients, SBA staff, and the design team.
- Ability to use scheduling software (P6, MS-Project)
- Ability to utilize construction management software and MS Office Suite
- Physically able to walk the project and complete light physical work if necessary.
- OSHA30 Certification is expected
- CPR/First Aid Certification is preferred
- Ability and willingness to work off hours, and weekends if required.
- Dependable transportation
- Ability to read, download and work with electronic files and documents using current software (Bluebeam, Adobe, etc.).
- Ability to utilize an Ipad for daily work tasks such as photos, daily reports, project documentation, etc.
Superintendent top skills & proficiencies:
- Safety Compliance
- Effective communication with all stakeholders
- Project logistics planning and CPM scheduling
- Inventory Control
- Quality Control